Document Type: Original Article
Radiation Applications Research School, Nuclear Science and Technology Research Institute, AEOI, PO Box 11365-3486, Tehran, Iran
Physics and Accelerators Research School, Nuclear Science and Technology Research Institute, AEOI, PO Box 11365-3486, Tehran, Iran
In this paper, dose uniformity ratio in irradiation cell of GC-220 is specifiedutilizing an analytical method based on the multipole moment expansion. In this method, the values of monople, dipole and quadrupole moments for source arrangements of GC-220 are calculated by numerical integrating. Appling these values, the dose uniformity ratio in the irradiation cell of GC-220 is calculated equal to 1.92. Monte Carlo simulation is applied to validate calculations. There is a relative difference about 12% between the results obtained from the analytical calculation and Monte Carlo simulation, which confirm the used method. In comparison with Monte Carlo methods, this method is not time consuming, so, this method can be used for the conceptual designing and the source load planning of irradiators.
- The dose uniformity ratio DUR is calculated using the analytical method.
- The analytical method was based on multipole moment expansion.
- The DUR in radiation cell of GC-220 was calculated using Monte Carlo simulations.
- The dierence between values of DUR calculated by the analytical and simulation is less than 12%.
- The consistency between calculations and Monte Carlo simulations validates the presented method.